Hello and welcome to the Truly Amazing Women Radio Show — the podcast channel that features women who are making strides and changing lives. Today’s special guest is Kristina Bouweiri, owner of Reston Limousine, Washington DC metropolitan area’s largest luxury transportation provider.
Kristina and I have been friends since 2003 when we met a women’s networking event, and in the 15 years that I’ve known this Inkandescent Woman, her spirit and success have never ceased to amaze me.
Before we launch into our 10 questions for Kristina, here’s a little background on her business and career.
- Starting with the diversification into wedding transportation in 1990, Kristina has expanded the business into new market segments such as government contracts and group transportation.
- Even as shuttle contracts led to exponential growth for the company, Kristina created new markets on the charter side, such as the company’s signature wine tours in what is now billed as DC’s Wine Country.
- She is an active business community leader, and is a board member of influential civic organizations and business publications such as the DC Chamber of Commerce, SmartCEO magazine, Inova Loudoun Hospital Foundation, and Enterprising Women magazine, among others.
- She also is a member of the Dean’s Council of the George Mason School of Business, where she helped launch a Women’s in Business Initiative program to support students, alumnae and other businesswomen.
- The Washington Business Journal named Kristina one of the 50 most powerful and influential women in Washington and she has been featured in numerous media and trade publications such as The Washington Post, Washington SmartCEO and Enterprising Women.